AveXis (AVXS): World Muscle Society Data Supports Remarkable Efficacy In Infants - BMO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
BMO Capital analyst, Ian Somaiya, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of AveXis (NASDAQ: AVXS) since he believes data presented at the International Congress of the World Muscle Society continue to support AVXS-101's remarkable efficacy in infants with type 1 SMA.
The comparison of '101's data to Nusinersen's Phase 2 trial points to more motor milestones being achieved with '101, likely driven by more rapid induction of SMN protein expression to prevent motor neuron loss. The analyst believes AVXS's next key catalyst is feedback on the design of the Phase 3 trial (expected in late October/early November).
No change to the price target of $52 based on a DCF of 2017-2025E FCF, discounted 17.5% with a 4% terminal multiple.
Shares of AveXis closed at $47.51 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, S1
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!