Aurinia Pharmaceuticals's (AUPH) Outperform Rating Reiterated at FBR Following AURA-LV Phase IIb Data
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
FBR Capital reiterated an Outperform rating on Aurinia Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: AUPH). Shares declined after the company announced results from the AURA-LV Phase IIb clinical study with voclosporin in lupus nephritis (LN) patients. Analyst Vernon T. Bernardino sees top line results as a positive.
"We think the consensus view had settled on the potential to file for voclosporin’s approval with the AURA-LV results, as the study design had elements of registration quality, and thus, approval by 2018. We view the top-line as positive, i.e., the trial achieved its primary endpoint (1EP) of demonstrating statistically significantly greater complete remission (CR), as defined by confirmed urinary protein/creatinine ratio of ≤0.5 mg/mg at 24 weeks and confirmed at 26 week (p=0.045)," said the analsyt.
Bernardino added, "However, we had always projected approval in 2020 after a Phase III trial was completed, as AURA-LV was the first large clinical trial conducted with voclosporin outside of Asia, and thus, not completely satisfy the FDA’s requirements for registration. We think a result being overlooked is that tapering steroids use (part of current standard of care) looks possible with voclosporin, which is a clinically meaningful benefit treating physicians have been looking for in the long-term treatment of LN."
Shares of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals closed at $4.09 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Union Pacific (UNP) PT Raised to $120 at Aegis Capital Following Solid 4Q
- Polaris Industries (PII) PT Raised to $85 at Stifel Ahead of 4Q Report
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!