Aurinia Pharmaceuticals' (AUPH) Price Target Raised to $10 at H.C. Wainwright
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
H.C. Wainwright maintained a Buy rating on Aurinia Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: AUPH) and raised its price target to $10.00 (from $7.00). Comments follow the release of AURA-LV trial earlier this week.
Analyst Ed Arce said investors focused only on the number of deaths, and appeared to attribute them largely to voclosporin, in spite of the natural history of the disease.
Arce explained, "On Monday, AUPH shares dropped 55.8% (vs. NBI +0.9%) as investors fretted over the number of deaths in the study. Yet, we are less concerned with the rate of deaths, which we view as well within the range of recent analogues (see table). Rather, our focus is on the imbalance of deaths (and SAEs) across the treatment arms, which we believe is likely due, in large part, to the degree of patients enrolled from sites in Asia, as we discuss in more detail below. On the whole, while results from AURA-LV carried some noisy data and unexplained imbalances, after further analysis, we have grown confident that voclosporin has the potential to be combined with CellCept as the new SOC for the treatment of active LN. This believe results from our more nuanced view that the results of AURA-LV, if confirmed or perhaps even improved upon in a Phase 3 trial, tips the scales of overall risk-benefit, which has long been the ultimate arbiter of approvability for the FDA."
Shares of Aurinia Pharmaceuticals closed at $2.31 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Deutsche Bank Starts Danaher (DHR) at Buy
- Mizuho Securities Reiterates Buy on Noble Midstream Partners LP (NBLX) - PT to $47
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesH.C. Wainwright
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!