Argus Downgrades First Solar (FSLR) to Hold
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Argus downgraded First Solar (NASDAQ: FSLR) from Buy to Hold, citing reduced earnings visibility.
The analyst said they concerned about the company’s declining project backlog and the impact of intense price competition.
They expect 2017 EPS to be hurt by the extension, until 2019, of tax credits for solar projects. While customers have rushed to complete projects ahead of the original deadline in 2016, they will not face the same urgency in 2017- 2018.
The firm is maintaining 2016 EPS estimate of $4.35, but are lowering their 2017 forecast to $2.50 from $4.25 to reflect the extended expiration of the tax credit deadline.
Shares of First Solar closed at $38.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Beat
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Bob Evans Farms (BOBE) Following 2Q EPS Beat
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades Coca-Cola European Partners (CCE) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesArgus, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!