Argus Downgrades First Solar (FSLR) to Hold
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Argus downgraded First Solar (NASDAQ: FSLR) from Buy to Hold, citing reduced earnings visibility.
The analyst said they concerned about the company’s declining project backlog and the impact of intense price competition.
They expect 2017 EPS to be hurt by the extension, until 2019, of tax credits for solar projects. While customers have rushed to complete projects ahead of the original deadline in 2016, they will not face the same urgency in 2017- 2018.
The firm is maintaining 2016 EPS estimate of $4.35, but are lowering their 2017 forecast to $2.50 from $4.25 to reflect the extended expiration of the tax credit deadline.
Shares of First Solar closed at $38.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Argus Downgrades Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) to Hold
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
- Stifel Upgrades Hub Group (HUBG) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesArgus, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!