Argus Downgrades First Solar (FSLR) to Hold
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Argus downgraded First Solar (NASDAQ: FSLR) from Buy to Hold, citing reduced earnings visibility.
The analyst said they concerned about the company’s declining project backlog and the impact of intense price competition.
They expect 2017 EPS to be hurt by the extension, until 2019, of tax credits for solar projects. While customers have rushed to complete projects ahead of the original deadline in 2016, they will not face the same urgency in 2017- 2018.
The firm is maintaining 2016 EPS estimate of $4.35, but are lowering their 2017 forecast to $2.50 from $4.25 to reflect the extended expiration of the tax credit deadline.
Shares of First Solar closed at $38.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Susquehanna Cuts Price Target on KLA-Tencor (KLAC) Following Strong 1Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on FMC Technologies (FTI) After Adjusting Estimates
- KLR Group Cuts Price Target on Southwestern Energy (SWN) to $14
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Downgrades
Related EntitiesArgus, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!