Arena Pharma (ARNA) Belviq Numbers Lowered at Needham & Company
- Facebook (FB) Tops Q2 EPS by 3c
- Market Wrap: Pending Sales Miss Views in June; FOMC Looks to Jobs for Rate Hike; Facebook Slumps on Mobile Results
- After-Hours Stock Movers 07/29: (UNIS) (SKX) (HOLX) Higher; (QRVO) (WFM) (FB) Lower (more...)
- Whole Foods Market (WFM) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Sees FY15 Comp Sales Growth in Low Single Digits
- Fed sees improving economy, job market; September rate hike in view
Needham & Company analyst Alan Carr reiterated Hold rating and lowered estimates on Arena Pharma (NASDAQ: ARNA) ahead of Q1 earnings and spring review.
Carr comments, "Initiation of a direct to consumer (DTC) print campaign and expansion of the Eisai sales force appear to have had an impact on Belviq prescriptions in recent months. We believe a DTC television campaign planned for late April by Eisai may have an even greater effect. Broadly, however, we remain concerned by modest single-agent efficacy of Belviq and the risk of low patient retention."
The firm's new 1Q14 and 2014 U.S. Belviq sales estimates are $11.0M (was $11.5M) and $81.5M (was $91.5M). They project $3.5M (was $3.6M) in 1Q14 Belviq revenues to Arena. The firm also said its prescription refill assumptions have been too aggressive, however, and they are therefore lowering long-term Belviq sales estimates. Their 2015 estimate is $196.0M (was $259M).
Shares of Arena Pharma closed at $6.18 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Cuts Price Target on Examworks Group (EXAM) Following 2Q Results
- RPX Corp (RPXC) PT Raised to $18 at Cowen
- Twitter (TWTR) PT Cut to $34 at BMO Capital
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!