Arena Pharma (ARNA) Belviq Numbers Lowered at Needham & Company
- Market Wrap: Manufacturing Index Rises to Multi-Year Highs; Apple: No Breach in Recent Photo Leak; Merger Monday!
- After-Hours Stock Movers 9/2 (CNQR) (TTPH) (FLEX) Higher; (END) (HELE) (CDW) Lower (more...)
- Dollar General (DG) Boosts Offer for Family Dollar (FDO) to $80/Share
- Apple (AAPL) Issues Media Advisory Related to Celebrity Photo Theft
- Eminence Capital Raises Stake in Zynga (ZNGA) to 5.1%
Needham & Company analyst Alan Carr reiterated Hold rating and lowered estimates on Arena Pharma (NASDAQ: ARNA) ahead of Q1 earnings and spring review.
Carr comments, "Initiation of a direct to consumer (DTC) print campaign and expansion of the Eisai sales force appear to have had an impact on Belviq prescriptions in recent months. We believe a DTC television campaign planned for late April by Eisai may have an even greater effect. Broadly, however, we remain concerned by modest single-agent efficacy of Belviq and the risk of low patient retention."
The firm's new 1Q14 and 2014 U.S. Belviq sales estimates are $11.0M (was $11.5M) and $81.5M (was $91.5M). They project $3.5M (was $3.6M) in 1Q14 Belviq revenues to Arena. The firm also said its prescription refill assumptions have been too aggressive, however, and they are therefore lowering long-term Belviq sales estimates. Their 2015 estimate is $196.0M (was $259M).
Shares of Arena Pharma closed at $6.18 yesterday.
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: UBS Starts Hoegh LNG Partners LP (HMLP) at Neutral
- Piper Jaffray Upgrades Life Time Fitness (LTM) to Overweight on REIT Announcement
- 3D Systems (DDD) PT Cut at Needham & Company; 'Buy' Maintained
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!