Applied Materials (AMAT): New Guidance Is Still Too Conservative - Nomura
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Oil prices under pressure as Iraq resists joining output cut
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Nomura Securities analyst, Romit Shah, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) after the company published a new financial model that showed a path to $2.80 and $3.17 of EPS in 2019 on WFE spending of $34.5b and $37b. The new model shows significant upside from the company’s previous estimate of $2.00 in FY 2018, but the analyst management is still being conservative with its outlook.
Applied expects to grow from a FY 2016 EPS of $1.75 to $2.80 based on revenue increasing from $10.8b in 2016 to $13.5b in 2019 (+$0.98), gross margin from 43.3% to 44.6%, operating expenses from $2.4b to $2.6b, taxes drop to 11% and a the company executes a $2b buyback.
No change to the price target of $31.
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $30.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: William Blair Upgrades VMware (VMW) to Outperform
- Imperial Capital Raises Price Target on Proofpoint (PFPT) Following Strong 3Q Results
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!