Applied Materials (AMAT): Expecging Guide Up At Analyst Day Preview - Needham
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Needham & Company analyst, Edwin Mok, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) ahead of its analyst day on September 21st. The analyst expects the event to serve as the next catalyst for the stock, and he expects management to meaningfully increase its target model to the range of ~$3/share earnings in 3 years time frame.
The analyst expects management to focus on its expanding opportunities in both Semi and Display, driven by more materials innovation in both markets and ramp-up of new products. Rather than being worried that the current cycle might be peaking, the analyst sees strong industry momentum coupled with AMAT's share gain supporting sustainable growth.
No change to the price target of $34.
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $30.15 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!