Applied Materials (AMAT): Derivative Call From Strong Outlook - Needham
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Edwin Mok, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) along with the price target of $34 but highlighted derivative calls from the company's strong outlook.
The strong guidance for F4Q16 (Oct) and upbeat commentary on bookings strength suggest continued robust demand in the SemiCap space going well into CY2017. Management raised the Wafer Fab Equipment (WFE) industry outlook for CY2016 and expects growth in CY2017, driven by ongoing investments in 3D NAND by multiple customers, foundries investing in both leading-edge 10/7nm and trailing-edge capacities, some recovery in DRAM spending, and potential upside coming from new market entrants in China. Similar to AMAT's last report in May, the analyst believes this report acts as a catalyst for the group, alleviating investor doubt on the sustainability of strengthened fundamentals.
SemiCap stocks and the SOX are up 18.8% and 19.1% YTD on average, outpacing the S&P 500 (up 7.0%), but he expects the group to continue to trade higher.
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $27.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Finisar (FNSR) to $44; Reiterates Strong Buy
- BMO Capital Remains Bullish on Duluth Holdings Inc. (DLTH) Following 3Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Standard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!