Applied Materials (AMAT): Derivative Call From Strong Outlook - Needham
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Edwin Mok, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) along with the price target of $34 but highlighted derivative calls from the company's strong outlook.
The strong guidance for F4Q16 (Oct) and upbeat commentary on bookings strength suggest continued robust demand in the SemiCap space going well into CY2017. Management raised the Wafer Fab Equipment (WFE) industry outlook for CY2016 and expects growth in CY2017, driven by ongoing investments in 3D NAND by multiple customers, foundries investing in both leading-edge 10/7nm and trailing-edge capacities, some recovery in DRAM spending, and potential upside coming from new market entrants in China. Similar to AMAT's last report in May, the analyst believes this report acts as a catalyst for the group, alleviating investor doubt on the sustainability of strengthened fundamentals.
SemiCap stocks and the SOX are up 18.8% and 19.1% YTD on average, outpacing the S&P 500 (up 7.0%), but he expects the group to continue to trade higher.
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $27.68 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rodman & Renshaw Starts Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) at Buy
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
- SunTrust Raises Price Target on E*TRADE Financial (ETFC) to $31 Following Solid 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Standard & Poor's
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!