Applied Materials (AMAT): Confident in Long-Term Growth, Raising Ests and PT - Needham
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Edwin Mok, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) and raised his price target to $36.00 after investor's initial reactions to AMAT's F4Q16 (Oct) results that came with declining bookings and limited growth in F1Q.
The analyst believes this reaction could be fear of a quarterly peak but guidance for DD% rebound in JanQ bookings and the upbeat outlook of sustainable growth in 2017 should address those concerns.
The analyst stated "we believe AMAT's strong performance in 2016 demonstrates that management's strategy of targeting differentiated products around industry inflections is bearing fruit. With its product pipeline continuing to expand, share gains in multiple areas, and reduced cyclicality in both the Semi and Display industries, we expect AMAT to see multiple years of profitable growth ahead".
The new PT of $36 is up from $34 based on a 15x P/E multiple on higher estimates.
Shares of Applied Materials closed at $30.73 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- FBR Capital Raises Price Target on ClubCorp Holdings (MYCC) Following Announced Review Committee
- Deckers Outdoor (DECK) Bear Poser at Susquehanna Modestly Lifts Numbers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!