Apple (AAPL) Just Doubled Its Addressable iPhone 5c, 5s Market...and in Record Time!
- Top 10 News for 8/25 - 8/29: S&P 500's New Record; U.S. Q2 GDP Outpaces Views; Major Mergers Aplenty
- Pressure on U.S. to Update Terror Alert System After U.K. Raises Terror Threat Level
- American Airlines Group (AAL)/Orbitz Worldwide (OWW) Reach Agreement; American Airlines Back on Orbitz Sites
- FTC Requests Additional Info from Reynolds American (RAI), Lorillard (LO) on Pending Deal
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Warns Lofty CEO Expectations May Not Be Attainable
BTIG's Walter Piecyk made a few interesting comments today via his official Twitter account. First, the broad expansion took Apple half the time as it did with the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, a stunning achievement in less than a year. It will be six weeks from the debut of the devices.
Also, the new markets will double Apple's addressable market for the iPhone 5s and 5c to over 4 billion by the November 1st launches.
Amid the news today, Apple is feeling broader market pressure, down 0.4 percent on the session.
Tweets from Piecyk are embedded below:
It took $AAPL 6 weeks to launch the 5C/5S in markets with >4 bil people. That's half the time it took for the 5 or 4S.— Walter Piecyk (@WaltBTIG) October 9, 2013
$AAPL will double its addressable 5S/5C market to >4 billion people by Nov 1 with new mkt launches.— Walter Piecyk (@WaltBTIG) October 9, 2013
You May Also Be Interested In
- United Therapeutics (UTHR) Gains After Judge Rules Remodulin Patents are Not Invalid
- UPDATE: Instagram (FB) Down for Some Users
- Stratasys (SSYS) is Favorite 3D Printing Idea at Stifel Nicolaus; Analyst Starts at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Corp. News, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!