Apple (AAPL) Just Doubled Its Addressable iPhone 5c, 5s Market...and in Record Time!
- Top 10 News for 03/23 - 03/27: Kraft/Heinz Mega Food Merger, SanDisk Warns, Biotech Bubblicious
- Intel (INTC) in Talks to Buy Altera Corp (ALTR) - WSJ
- Dow Chemical (DOW) to Separate Chlor-Alkali Unit, Merge it with Olin (OLN)
- UPDATE: BlackBerry (BBRY) Posts Q4 adj.-EPS of 4c
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 03/27: Higher GBSN, OLN, OXM; Lower OHRP, MOLG, APDN (more...)
BTIG's Walter Piecyk made a few interesting comments today via his official Twitter account. First, the broad expansion took Apple half the time as it did with the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, a stunning achievement in less than a year. It will be six weeks from the debut of the devices.
Also, the new markets will double Apple's addressable market for the iPhone 5s and 5c to over 4 billion by the November 1st launches.
Amid the news today, Apple is feeling broader market pressure, down 0.4 percent on the session.
Tweets from Piecyk are embedded below:
It took $AAPL 6 weeks to launch the 5C/5S in markets with >4 bil people. That's half the time it took for the 5 or 4S.— Walter Piecyk (@WaltBTIG) October 9, 2013
$AAPL will double its addressable 5S/5C market to >4 billion people by Nov 1 with new mkt launches.— Walter Piecyk (@WaltBTIG) October 9, 2013
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) CEO Tim Cook Talks Out Against Indiana LGBT Discrimination Law
- GameStop (GME) PT, Estimates Cut at Piper Jaffray Following Mixed Q4
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $145 at Credit Suisse on iPhone Strength, Upside for Watch
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Corp. News, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!