Apple (AAPL) Just Doubled Its Addressable iPhone 5c, 5s Market...and in Record Time!
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave secrets to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
BTIG's Walter Piecyk made a few interesting comments today via his official Twitter account. First, the broad expansion took Apple half the time as it did with the iPhone 4S and iPhone 5, a stunning achievement in less than a year. It will be six weeks from the debut of the devices.
Also, the new markets will double Apple's addressable market for the iPhone 5s and 5c to over 4 billion by the November 1st launches.
Amid the news today, Apple is feeling broader market pressure, down 0.4 percent on the session.
Tweets from Piecyk are embedded below:
It took $AAPL 6 weeks to launch the 5C/5S in markets with >4 bil people. That's half the time it took for the 5 or 4S.— Walter Piecyk (@WaltBTIG) October 9, 2013
$AAPL will double its addressable 5S/5C market to >4 billion people by Nov 1 with new mkt launches.— Walter Piecyk (@WaltBTIG) October 9, 2013
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) Shares Move Back Above $120
- Mizuho Securities Reiterates Buy on Noble Midstream Partners LP (NBLX) - PT to $47
- Lincoln Financial Group Names Andrea Goodrich Senior Vice President and Corporate Secretary
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Corp. News, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!