Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $130 Mizuho; Sees In-Line Q4 and Upside to December Qtr
- S&P, Dow rise on health stocks; Nasdaq weighed by Comcast
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities analyst Abhey Lamba previewed Apple's (NASDAQ: AAPL) Q4 results, reiterating a Buy rating and bumping its price target to $130.00 (from $120.00).
Lamba sees revenue and EPS to come in-line to slightly above estimates for the fourth quarter. For total revenue, they expect $46.5-47.5bn vs. estimates of $47bn and guidance of $45.5-47.5bn. They believe gross margin could print toward the upper-end of 37.5-38.0% outlook on improved product mix resulting in EPS of ~$1.65-1.70 vs. consensus of $1.66. AAPL is likely to gain from ~9 days of iPhone shipments and expanded global distribution.
For the December (Q1) quarter, Lamba said estimates have upside as the company could benefit from recent product issues at its primary competitor, Samsung, going into the holiday quarter. They expect holiday quarter revenue outlook of $74-76bn (-2% to +1% Y/Y) based on our estimate of 74.5-75.5mm iPhone shipments vs. consensus of $74bn and 76mm, respectively. Margins are likely to come in-line with estimates resulting in EPS of $3.20-3.25 vs. consensus of $3.18. They believe estimates remain conservative as 7/7+ product cycle and recent competitive dynamics could drive upside to estimates.
Shares of Apple closed at $116.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mizuho Securities Downgrades Community Health (CYH) to Underperform
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on TTM Technologies (TTMI) Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!