Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $130 Mizuho; Sees In-Line Q4 and Upside to December Qtr
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Mizuho Securities analyst Abhey Lamba previewed Apple's (NASDAQ: AAPL) Q4 results, reiterating a Buy rating and bumping its price target to $130.00 (from $120.00).
Lamba sees revenue and EPS to come in-line to slightly above estimates for the fourth quarter. For total revenue, they expect $46.5-47.5bn vs. estimates of $47bn and guidance of $45.5-47.5bn. They believe gross margin could print toward the upper-end of 37.5-38.0% outlook on improved product mix resulting in EPS of ~$1.65-1.70 vs. consensus of $1.66. AAPL is likely to gain from ~9 days of iPhone shipments and expanded global distribution.
For the December (Q1) quarter, Lamba said estimates have upside as the company could benefit from recent product issues at its primary competitor, Samsung, going into the holiday quarter. They expect holiday quarter revenue outlook of $74-76bn (-2% to +1% Y/Y) based on our estimate of 74.5-75.5mm iPhone shipments vs. consensus of $74bn and 76mm, respectively. Margins are likely to come in-line with estimates resulting in EPS of $3.20-3.25 vs. consensus of $3.18. They believe estimates remain conservative as 7/7+ product cycle and recent competitive dynamics could drive upside to estimates.
Shares of Apple closed at $116.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Credit Suisse Upgrades Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Outperform
- KLR Group Raise Price Target on Oasis Petroleum (OAS) to $22; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!