Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $125 at RBC Capital as Survey Points to ASP Upside
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani bumped his price target on Outperform-rated Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) to $125.00 (from $120.00) results of >6,000 individual iPhone 7 survey which showed improved mix and prices increases for the Plus model that should drive ASP upside.
Key points from the survey included:
1) Mix shift toward the 5.5” model could drive substantial ASP upside: 46% of respondents plan to buy the larger form factor 5.5” iPhone (across 6S+ and 7+ models), up from 38% a year ago,
2) Mid-Tier Memory Remains Attractive: >50% of consumers intend to purchase the mid-tier memory model (vs. 55% last year), given the increased memory configurations we think this is positive and better than feared,
3) Our survey suggests there could be stability in the iPhone replacement cycle (or at minimum it will elongate at a slower pace) and
4) Seeing steady uptick in ancillary products and services (~17% intend to purchase Watch vs. 13% LY, Apple Pay usage at 24% vs. 16% post initial launch).
"Net/Net – We think ASPs could surprise investors on the upside due to both increased preference for iPhone 7+ and $20 higher ASP this year vs. last generation," the analyst commented. "Hence, we have slightly adjusted our forward estimates to reflect ASP ($8-10 increases) tailwinds from mix shift."
The firm's Sept-qtr revenue/EPS estimates are increased to $47.3b/$1.68, up from $46.9B/$1.66 (Street at $46.8B/$1.66). For Dec-qtr our estimates move to $78.7B/$3.34, up from $78.0B/$3.29 and reflect extra week benefits (Street at $74.0/$3.15).
Shares of Apple closed at $113.55 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Goldman Sachs (GS) PT Raised to $256.00 at Oppenheimer Following 4Q Report
- Mitsubishi UFJ Downgrades Anadarko Petroleum (APC) to Neutral
- Goldman Sachs Upgrades Emerge Energy Services LP (EMES) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!