Apple (AAPL) Captured 106% of Smartphone Industry Profits in Q3 - Canaccord Genuity
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
- Burberry rejects multiple takeover offers from Coach: Financial Times
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
In a note earlier on Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL), Canaccord Genuity analyst Michael Walkley noted the iPhone maker captured 106% of industry profits during Q3, up from 75% in Q2 due to Samsung’s significant profit decline following the Galaxy Note 7 recall.
"We believe the iPhone installed base will exceed 570M exiting C2016, and this impressive installed base should drive strong future iPhone replacement sales and earnings, as well as cash flow generation to fund strong long-term capital returns," the analyst said.
They capture of 106% of premium smartphone profits contributed to the losses at LG, Microsoft, Lenovo, Blackberry and HTC during the quarter.
"While we anticipate a stronger upgrade cycle in C2018 with the 10-year anniversary iPhone 8, iPhone 7 demand is sold and should bridge the gap until a new form factor iPhone is likely released in C2017," Walkley said. "We anticipate steady iPhone 7 sales should help Apple return to growth in Q1/F’17, and we maintain our BUY rating and $140 price target."
Shares of Apple closed at $110.06 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Credit Suisse Upgrades National Beverage (FIZZ) to Outperform
- Materion Corp. (MTRN) to Acquire Certain Materials Business Assets from Heraeus Group
- Micron (MU) PT Raised to $25 at Brean Capital; Upbeat on Low Inventories
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Canaccord Genuity
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!