Apple (AAPL) Back with Black Friday Savings - Drexel Hamilton
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Drexel Hamilton analyst Brian White notes that after skipping Black Friday last year, Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) returned to the company's traditional "one-day shopping event" today with Apple Gift Card discounts across products such as the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, Mac and Apple TV.
"We believe Apple remains one of the best positioned tech companies to benefit from spending trends this holiday season with a well-received iPhone 7/7 Plus, a new Apple Watch and a new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar," the analyst said.
- For iPhones, Apple is offering $25 and $50 Apple Gift Cards across select SIM-free iPhones, including the iPhone SE ($25 Apple Gift Card), iPhone 6s ($50) and iPhone 6s Plus ($50). This implies a discount of 6-9%. Unlike Black Friday 2014, Apple did not include the latest iPhone family this year.
- For iPads, Apple is offering $50 and $100 Apple Gift Cards across the iPad Pro 9.7-inch ($100), iPad Pro 12.9-inch ($100), iPad Air 2 ($50) and iPad mini 4 ($50). This implies a discount of 8-17%. The iPad Pro 9.7-inch, 32GB with Wi-Fi only was introduced in March and holds an implied discount of 17%.
- For Apple Watch, Apple is offering $25 Apple Gift Cards across the 38mm and 42mm Series 1 models (aluminum; Silver, Gold, Rose Gold, Space Gray). This implies a discount of 8-9%.
- For Macs, Apple is offering $150 Apple Gift cards across the MacBook, MacBook Pro 13-inch, MacBook Pro 15-inch, MacBook Air, iMac (21.5-inch and 27-inch) and Mac Pro. This implies a discount of 4-15%. For Apple TV, Apple is offering a $25 Apple Gift Card for both the 32GB and 64GB models. This implies a discount of 13-17%.
The firm reiterated a Buy rating and $185 PT on Apple.
Shares of Apple closed at $111.23 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
- New Apple (AAPL) iPhone Procurement Estimates Suggest Near-Term Weakness - UBS
- Box (BOX) PT Raised to $22 at Drexel Hamilton Following Solid Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesDrexel Hamilton, Brian White
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!