Apple (AAPL) ASPs Could Surprise to the Upside, RBC Says
- Stocks flat as earnings roll in, Comcast drags Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/27: (PCMI) (OCN) (TTMI) Higher; (CYH) (RWLK) (AMFW) Lower
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- CenturyLink (CTL) in Advanced Talks to Merge with Level 3 (LVLT) - DJ
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani said based on their recent iPhone 7 survey results, they believe Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) ASPs (average selling price) could be the 'WOW' factor this EPS season.
"Our survey work around iPhone 7 and analysis suggests AAPL could see ASP's flat to up modestly on a y/y basis vs. current street models that are modeling ASP’s down ~5-10%," Daryanani said.
This views is based on:
1) We think demand is substantially skewed towards 7+ this product cycle vs. prior two years; our survey work shows ~700-800bps of incremental demand towards the 5.5” form factor vs. last year, 2
) AAPL actually raised pricing on iPhone 7+ and is charging a $120 premium vs. a $100 premium historically,
3) Memory – overall this could be a modest headwind but broadly consumer preference remains around the "mid-tier" phone vs. low-end.
Net/net, the analyst said, "While we realize expectations are getting high, we think AAPL could show not only modest revenue upside in Sept-qtr, but more importantly, provide a more robust Dec-qtr guide, that would be materially ahead of street expectations."
The firm maintained an Outperform rating and price target of $125.
Apple is scheduled to report Q4 2016 results on October 25, 2016 after the close.
Shares of Apple closed at $113.89 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Coca Cola (KO) to $46 Following 3Q; Reaffirmed Guidance
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!