Apple (AAPL): Wells Fargo Thinks Upside Is In The Stock
- Wall Street set to open flat as investors test rally
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
- Oil slips on doubts output cut will end global glut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/07: (EMKR) (PLAY) (WDC) Higher; (SIGM) (AVAV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Wells Fargo analyst, Maynard Um, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) ahead of earnings. The analyst believes Apple will have to deliver stronger results to drive shares amid high expectations. He expects a good quarter with rev/EPS of
$47.6B/$1.71, above the Street’s $47.0B/$1.65 driven by an accelerated iPhone country launch but limited somewhat by manufacturing constraints as well as strong guidance driven by the extra week in the quarter.
The analyst stated "Our sense is that sentiment is as positive as it had been into the iPhone 6 cycle and thus believe Apple has a low margin of error in delivering results and guidance. Despite our expectation for a strong quarter and outlook as we highlighted in our downgrade, we maintain our Market Perform rating as we believe expectations already embed a strong quarter/outlook, see risk of demand pull-in from the March quarter, and think next year's "off" cycle could result in demand headwinds (absent promotional activity, which would adversely impact gross margins)".
No change to the price target of $112.50.
Shares of Apple closed at $116.60 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Credit Suisse Downgrades NetApp (NTAP) to Underperform
- MoffettNathanson Downgrades AMC Networks (AMCX) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesEarnings, Wells Fargo
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!