Apple (AAPL): Samsung Weakness May Not Aid Apple - Nomura
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Nomura Securities analyst, Jeffrey Kvaal, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) and his price target of $135 but thinks Samsung's missteps are not likely to have a materially positive impact on iPhone units.
The analyst notes that Samsung’s battery challenges with its newest Note phone (worst-case scenario of 28mn total phones) does not directly translate into a material benefit. His checks indicate that to date, the 80-90% of consumers returning GN7s have opted to stay within the Samsung family implying that the unit bump may be negligible.
Shares of Apple closed at $117.63 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL): Apple Monitor Shows Weaker Than Seasonal Growth - Drexel Hamilton
- UBS Raises Price Target on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) to $29
- Volatility and Volume movement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!