Apple (AAPL): Pokemon Go and Samsung Drove Upside - Needham
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Laura Martin, reiterated her Strong Buy rating on shares of Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) revenue of $46.85B was down 9% y/y but up 2% vs estimates. EPS of $1.67 was down 15% y/y but up 3% vs estimates. iPhone revenue rose $4.1B to $28.2B driven in part by Samsung’s Galaxy Note 7 imploding in September.
The analyst stated "Forbes valued the Samsung brand at $83B before the Note 7 debacle and we estimate $10-$20B of brand value transfers to AAPL during the next adoption cycle owing to Samsung’s poor handling of the replacement, recall and ultimate discontinuation of the Note 7."
Services revenue was a bright spot, up 24% y/y to $6.3B in FY4Q16. Of the $350mm extra services revenue q/q, channel checks indicate that Pokemon Go represented much of the growth. Software-based revenue growth underscores AAPL’s platform value, and raises reported margins, lowers earnings volatility, and lowers risk compared to a hardware-only business model.
No change to the price target of $150.
Shares of Apple closed at $118.25 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UBS Cuts Price Target on SecureWorks Corp. (SCWX) to $13
- lululemon athletica (LULU): Skeptics Are Quieter - Wedbush
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change, Earnings
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!