Apple (AAPL): Good Enough To Drive An Upgrade Cycle - BMO
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst, Tim Long, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) after attending the iPhone7 launch. The event was similar to his expectations but 5 items stand out: two new black case colors, doubled flash memory, water resistance, improved cameras, and a removed headphone jack. Additionally, the modestly improved watch should drive holiday sales. Although the form-factor remains unchanged, the Watch is being updated with GPS for runners, water resistance for swimmers, and other features like faster processors and a brighter display.
In short the analyst, the analyst believes the design improvements make for attractive phones, which will be meaningful upgrades to the aging installed base. No change to the PT of $116.
price target of $116.00
Shares of Apple closed at $108.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) said to have approached Time Warner (TWX) a few months ago - DJ
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- Actives: AAPL EBAY TSLA BAC FB AMZN NFLX AXP WBA WFC MSFT KMI T VZ AMD
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Comments
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!