Apple (AAPL): Good Enough To Drive An Upgrade Cycle - BMO
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Oil rises on Russia's output freeze commitment
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
BMO Capital analyst, Tim Long, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) after attending the iPhone7 launch. The event was similar to his expectations but 5 items stand out: two new black case colors, doubled flash memory, water resistance, improved cameras, and a removed headphone jack. Additionally, the modestly improved watch should drive holiday sales. Although the form-factor remains unchanged, the Watch is being updated with GPS for runners, water resistance for swimmers, and other features like faster processors and a brighter display.
In short the analyst, the analyst believes the design improvements make for attractive phones, which will be meaningful upgrades to the aging installed base. No change to the PT of $116.
price target of $116.00
Shares of Apple closed at $108.36 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Apple (AAPL) on Watch After BGR Reports Man Claims iPhone 7 Burst Into Flames
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC): Raising PT to $86 - Needham
- Jefferies Cuts Numbers on Lululemon (LULU) Amid Still Elevated Promotions
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Comments
Related EntitiesBMO Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!