Anthem (ANTM) PT Trimmed to $160 at UBS
- Wall Street surges to new highs; transports set record
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/07: (VYGR) (LULU) (HRB( Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
UBS analyst A.J. Rice reiterated a Buy rating and lowered his price target on Anthem (NYSE: ANTM) to $160.00 (from $162.00).
Rice commented, "Anthem expects its 2017 earnings to grow modestly versus its 2016 EPS outlook of "approximately" $10.80. In 2017, the company sees tailwinds to its earnings coming from a) Enrollment gains across Medicaid, Medicare (with Y/Y stable margins), selffunded businesses etc; b) Margin improvement in the individual ACA compliant and the Iowa Medicaid business; c) The impact of the one year HIF moratorium on the commercial biz; and d) potential capital deployment. 2017 headwinds include a) onetime SG&A cuts which benefited 2016 come back in 2017; b) enrollment and margin pressure due to a shift to ACA compliant offerings in the local group biz; and c) rate pressure in the Medicaid expansion business. Finally, Anthem is in the process of updating its LT growth plan and may revisit its 2018 EPS target of $14/share."
Shares of Anthem closed at $122.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Report
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- Sigma Designs (SIGM): Revenue Headwinds Drive PT Cut - Baird
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesUBS, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!