Anthem (ANTM) Dragging Feet on Sarepta's (SRPT) Exondys 51 is Likely Negotiating Tactic - Oppenheimer
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Oppenheimer affirms Sarepta Therapeutics (Nasdaq: SRPT) at Outperform with a price target of $76 as Anthem said EXONDYS 51 wasn't medically necessary earlier today, putting pressure on SRPT shares.
The firm commented:
Anthem's medical policy took the position that eteplirsen (EXONDYS 51) is "investigational and not medically necessary," and it is not currently covered by Anthem. However, we remind investors that this is the third week of the EXONDYS 51 launch. While Sarepta has been able to quickly mitigate its negotiations with some large payers (Cigna, Humana, United Health), other discussions will take longer to conclude. We view this move by Anthem to be a negotiation tactic and not a final decision on reimbursement. Additionally, we note that there is an appeals process.
Anthem is one of the largest owners of Blue Cross Blue Shield plans, though sets its own drug formulary. Anthem has ~40 million members. We spoke with an Anthem rep today who said coverage decisions can change and there is an appeals process available through Anthem that either/both patients and physicians can go through to try to obtain access to drugs not covered, the firm noted.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cantor Fitzgerald Defends Corbus Pharmaceuticals (CRBP) Following Short Report
- Sarepta Therapeutics (SRPT) Target of Cautious Article
- IBM (IBM) volatility low, board approves quarterly dividend, authorizes $3B for stock repurchase
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Momentum Movers, Trader Talk
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!