Anthem (ANTM): DOJ Settlement Still Unlikely - FBR
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
FBR Capital analyst, Chris Meekins, believes the news report implying an increased likelihood of a settlement between the Department of Justice (DOJ) and Anthem (ANTM) may have created confusion among investors about what actually occurred at the August 12 hearing. After reviewing the transcript, he believes that nothing in the hearing stated that a settlement was under active consideration.
The analyst notes that the DOJ could not reach a settlement with Aetna and Humana despite "the complaint that it filed only involving two markets and divestitures being easier to find. The idea that the DOJ will find a settlement in a case with a complaint that involves four markets when the DOJ has made clear the general structure that it would require—and ANTM did not even attempt a proposal that would meet that structure during the investigation stage". He believes this makes a settlement extremely unlikely before the trial date of November 21, 2016.
Market Perform Anthem (NYSE: ANTM) price target of $155.00
Shares of Anthem closed at $130.19 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to $210 Following 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!