Analyst Remains Cautious on Mobileye (MBLY) as Infineon Acquires LiDAR Company Innoluce
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Analyst Trip Chowdhry noted the following on Tuesday:
Fundamental problem with MBLY technology is that one cannot get the location accuracy of 1 cm to 1.5 cm using MBLY Camera technology, which is essential for driverless cars
- LiDAR is the only technology that can provide the location accuracy of 1 cm to 1.5cm
- TSLA is creating their own LiDAR sensors, and its cost point could be closer to $69...Cameras play a tertiary role and not a primary role
We will answer this question by series of questions...
- MBLY is a component provider, Bosch is the part supplier, and Autos are the end product ...Question for investors, why do you think MBLY has the pricing power in the above value chain?
- Can you name any single Auto component provider, who is a single trick pony like MBLY, and has revenues of $1 Billion ...we cannot find any company...what gives one a confidence that MBLY can generate huge revenues on Obsolete technology
- MBLY revenues are probably okay for the next 6 to 8 months...beyond that we have doubts ...this is the other Violin Memory (VMEM) in making ...lot of Noise, but zero fundamentals
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Starts Mobileye N.V (MBLY) at Buy
- BTIG Cuts PT on Workday (WDAY) to $88 Following Q3 Results; Affirms at 'Buy'
- Dougherty & Co Starts Quality Systems (QSII) at Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesTrip Chowdhry
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!