Analyst Remains Cautious on Mobileye (MBLY) as Infineon Acquires LiDAR Company Innoluce
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Analyst Trip Chowdhry noted the following on Tuesday:
Fundamental problem with MBLY technology is that one cannot get the location accuracy of 1 cm to 1.5 cm using MBLY Camera technology, which is essential for driverless cars
- LiDAR is the only technology that can provide the location accuracy of 1 cm to 1.5cm
- TSLA is creating their own LiDAR sensors, and its cost point could be closer to $69...Cameras play a tertiary role and not a primary role
We will answer this question by series of questions...
- MBLY is a component provider, Bosch is the part supplier, and Autos are the end product ...Question for investors, why do you think MBLY has the pricing power in the above value chain?
- Can you name any single Auto component provider, who is a single trick pony like MBLY, and has revenues of $1 Billion ...we cannot find any company...what gives one a confidence that MBLY can generate huge revenues on Obsolete technology
- MBLY revenues are probably okay for the next 6 to 8 months...beyond that we have doubts ...this is the other Violin Memory (VMEM) in making ...lot of Noise, but zero fundamentals
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Starts Mobileye N.V (MBLY) at Buy, $52 PT
- DA Davidson Downgrades Inventure Foods (SNAK) to Neutral, Predicts Company Won't Exist In Current Form Come June 2017
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesTrip Chowdhry
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!