Anadarko Petroleum (APC): Diving Into Deep Water - BMO
- Wall St. drops on bleak GE outlook; Microsoft blunts losses
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- UPDATE: AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital analyst, Phillip Jungwirth, commented on shares of Anadarko Petroleum (NYSE: APC) after the acquisition of Deepwater Gulf of Mexico assets from Freeport McMoRan (NYSE: FCX) which was widely viewed as a compelling deal that expanded its strategic GOM footprint at an attractive valuation.
The analyst estimated that ~80% of investors he spoke with viewed the deal favorably (most were positioned long), with the following key points:
1) valuation multiple and 2P reserves accretive
2) motivated seller
3) balance sheet improvement with FCF and equity
4) U.S. onshore acceleration
5) Lucius resource potential increase
6) multi-year production targets
Shares of Anadarko Petroleum closed at $55.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- E*TRADE (ETFC) PT Raised to $33 at Nomura Post Q3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!