Anadarko Petroleum (APC): Diving Into Deep Water - BMO
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
BMO Capital analyst, Phillip Jungwirth, commented on shares of Anadarko Petroleum (NYSE: APC) after the acquisition of Deepwater Gulf of Mexico assets from Freeport McMoRan (NYSE: FCX) which was widely viewed as a compelling deal that expanded its strategic GOM footprint at an attractive valuation.
The analyst estimated that ~80% of investors he spoke with viewed the deal favorably (most were positioned long), with the following key points:
1) valuation multiple and 2P reserves accretive
2) motivated seller
3) balance sheet improvement with FCF and equity
4) U.S. onshore acceleration
5) Lucius resource potential increase
6) multi-year production targets
Shares of Anadarko Petroleum closed at $55.62 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Oppenheimer Raises Price Target on Itron (ITRI) to $70; Reiterates Outperform
- Cowen Reiterates Outperform on Costco Wholesale (COST) Ahead of 4Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesBMO Capital, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!