An Extra Week in Apple's (AAPL) Dec. Qtr Could Drive Another 5-6M iPhone Units, RBC Capital Says
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani is raising estimates and his price target on Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) to reflect the positive impact from an extra week in the company's December quarter. The firm reiterated an Outperform rating and bumped its price target to $117.00 (from $115.00).
"We are adjusting our Dec-qtr iPhone units higher given our understanding that FQ1 will have an extra week (14 week quarter vs. 13 normally)," Daryanani commented. "We estimate an extra week will result in ~5-6M incremental iPhone units for Dec-qtr and should enable a path towards iPhone unit growth starting in Dec-qtr. While optically this is a transient impact which will create a more severe q/q drop in March-qtr, near-term this should certainly make the model look more attractive – with y/y growth resuming in Dec-qtr. Furthermore, it should add ~200-300bps of incremental growth in FY17 on a y/y basis."
Net/Net, the analyst said, they continue to think AAPL stock work higher over the foreseeable future given: 1) expectation of easier compares, 2) new product launch and 3) stable to improving gross-margins.
The firm's FY17 revenue/EPS estimates of $221.5B/$8.88 are up from prior $215.8B/$8.65 estimates.
Shares of Apple closed at $108.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Ulta Salon (ULTA) to $270; Reiterates Hold
- Brean Capital Cuts Price Target on G-III Apparel Group (GIII) Following 3Q Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!