An Extra Week in Apple's (AAPL) Dec. Qtr Could Drive Another 5-6M iPhone Units, RBC Capital Says
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani is raising estimates and his price target on Apple (NASDAQ: AAPL) to reflect the positive impact from an extra week in the company's December quarter. The firm reiterated an Outperform rating and bumped its price target to $117.00 (from $115.00).
"We are adjusting our Dec-qtr iPhone units higher given our understanding that FQ1 will have an extra week (14 week quarter vs. 13 normally)," Daryanani commented. "We estimate an extra week will result in ~5-6M incremental iPhone units for Dec-qtr and should enable a path towards iPhone unit growth starting in Dec-qtr. While optically this is a transient impact which will create a more severe q/q drop in March-qtr, near-term this should certainly make the model look more attractive – with y/y growth resuming in Dec-qtr. Furthermore, it should add ~200-300bps of incremental growth in FY17 on a y/y basis."
Net/Net, the analyst said, they continue to think AAPL stock work higher over the foreseeable future given: 1) expectation of easier compares, 2) new product launch and 3) stable to improving gross-margins.
The firm's FY17 revenue/EPS estimates of $221.5B/$8.88 are up from prior $215.8B/$8.65 estimates.
Shares of Apple closed at $108.00 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: CommVault Systems (CVLT) PT to $62 at Mizuho Following Strong Q2
- UPDATE: UBS Upgrades Swift Transportation (SWFT) to Buy
- Cynosure (CYNO) PT, Estimates Trimmed at Stifel Despite Solid Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesRBC Capital
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!