Amphastar Pharma (AMPH): Raising PT to $22 On A $0.22 Beat - Piper Jaffray
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall St, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, David Amsellem, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Amphastar Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: AMPH) after the company reported 2Q16 diluted EPS of $0.23 on revenues of $68M, compared to Street estimates of $0.01 and $62M, respectively. Though enoxaparin continued to face pricing pressure, the rest of the base generic injectibles business benefitted from favorable competitive dynamics on select products, and meaningful volume growth for the naloxone generic.
On the surface AMPH may seem pricey at a 2017 P/E of 23x but there still is potential for significant further value creation as the pipeline bears fruit, driving what should be transformative cash generation over the next several years.
No change to the price target of $22.
Shares of Amphastar Pharmaceuticals closed at $16.02 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Lifted to $48 at Mizuho Following Solid Q3
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $47 at Credit Suisse; Results Just 'Ok' But Visability Increases Conviction
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!