Amphastar Pharma (AMPH): Raising PT to $22 On A $0.22 Beat - Piper Jaffray
- Banks, telecoms lead Wall Street up; another Dow record
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- bluebird bio (BLUE) to Offer $200M of Common Stock
- Dave & Buster's Entertainment (PLAY) Tops Q3 EPS by 11c, Raises FY Revenue Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/06: (PLAY) (ANTH) (WDC) Higher; (AVAV) (ESV) (BLUE) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, David Amsellem, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Amphastar Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: AMPH) after the company reported 2Q16 diluted EPS of $0.23 on revenues of $68M, compared to Street estimates of $0.01 and $62M, respectively. Though enoxaparin continued to face pricing pressure, the rest of the base generic injectibles business benefitted from favorable competitive dynamics on select products, and meaningful volume growth for the naloxone generic.
On the surface AMPH may seem pricey at a 2017 P/E of 23x but there still is potential for significant further value creation as the pipeline bears fruit, driving what should be transformative cash generation over the next several years.
No change to the price target of $22.
Shares of Amphastar Pharmaceuticals closed at $16.02 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cowen Downgrades Nike (NKE) to Neutral; Sees Lower Guidance
- Mizuho Securities Raises Price Target on Francesca's (FRAN) Following 3Q Beat
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades Green Plains Partners LP (GPP) to Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!