Amphastar Pharma (AMPH): Raising PT to $22 On A $0.22 Beat - Piper Jaffray
- Amazon, health stocks weigh on S&P, Nasdaq; Chevron lifts Dow
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, David Amsellem, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Amphastar Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: AMPH) after the company reported 2Q16 diluted EPS of $0.23 on revenues of $68M, compared to Street estimates of $0.01 and $62M, respectively. Though enoxaparin continued to face pricing pressure, the rest of the base generic injectibles business benefitted from favorable competitive dynamics on select products, and meaningful volume growth for the naloxone generic.
On the surface AMPH may seem pricey at a 2017 P/E of 23x but there still is potential for significant further value creation as the pipeline bears fruit, driving what should be transformative cash generation over the next several years.
No change to the price target of $22.
Shares of Amphastar Pharmaceuticals closed at $16.02 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leerink Partners Downgrades McKesson (MCK) to Market Perform
- Stifel Upgrades Hub Group (HUBG) to Buy
- PAREXEL (PRXL) PT, Estimates Lowered at Evercore ISI
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!