Amphastar Pharma (AMPH): Raising PT On Opioid Overdose Growth - Piper Jaffray
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, David Amsellem, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Amphastar Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: AMPH) after doing a deep dive into company’s naloxone products for opioid overdose. The analyst determined that limited competition outside of the hospital setting (particularly regarding non-injectible products), limited competition within the hospital (only two other consequential naloxone market participants), and the reality of the U.S. opioid epidemic points to high visibility into significant growth for AMPH’s naloxone franchise in 2017+.
The analyst increased his price target to $23 (from $22) on an unchanged 20x multiple applied to 2018 EPS of $1.41, up from $1.34.
Shares of Amphastar Pharmaceuticals closed at $18.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on II-VI, Inc. (IIVI) Following 1Q Beat
- Visa (V) PT Raised to $97 at UBS on Solid Q4
- Baxter (BAX) PT, Estimates Raised at Evercore ISI
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!