Amgen GLAGOV Success a Modest Derisking Event for Esperion (ESPR) - Stifel
- Top 10 News for 9/26 - 9/30: Deutsche Bank Soars on Settlement; Twitter Back in the M&A Fray; Nike 'Just Didn't Do It' in Q1
- Wall Street rallies, led by Deutsche Bank, financials
- Viacom (VIAB) Forms Special Committee; Will Explore Potential Combination with CBS (CBS)
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Said Near $5.4B Settlement with U.S. - AFP
- Oil up second straight month on OPEC-fueled rally
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Stifel analyst Thomas Shrader weighed in on Esperion Therapeutics (NASDAQ: ESPR) after Amgen (NASDAQ: AMGN) announced that its PCSK9 coronary intravascular imaging trial (GLAGOV) had met all primary and secondary endpoints. The resulting data will be presented at the upcoming AHA meeting in November.
Shrader commented, "While we await full data, the relevant question is: what is the change in plaque volume and will this effect become a good biomarker for subsequent CV events? Overall, we believe it’s generally well accepted that reducing atherosclerotic plaque from artery walls is a good thing and likely to translate into a reduction in cardiovascular events. For the overall field of cholesterol control, we believe GLAGOV meeting its endpoints is yet another factor pointing to the likelihood that Amgen’s as well as Regeneron/Sanofi’s cardiovascular trial will also read out positively. In our opinion, the success of these trials would go a long way to re-establishing LDL cholesterol as a surrogate endpoint in the eyes of the FDA – a significant positive for Esperion and their regulatory pathway"
The analyst maintained a Buy rating and price target of $64 on ESPR
Shares of Esperion Therapeutics closed at $11.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Veeva Systems (VEEV) Following Analyst Day
- Stifel Cuts Price Target as Vectrus Inc (VEC) Loses Army Contract
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Trinity Industries (TRN) to $21; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!