Amgen (AMGN) to See Low Impact from Parsabiv CRL; Leerink Affirms at 'Market Perform'
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink affirms its Market Perform rating and $201 price target on Amgen (Nasdaq: AMGN) after Amgen announced earlier this week that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a Complete Response Letter for the New Drug Application (NDA) for Parsabiv (etelcalcetide) for the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism (sHPT) in adult patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) on hemodialysis.
The firm commented today:
Wednesday evening Amgen announced it received a Complete Response Letter (CRL) for Parsabiv (etelcalcetide) for the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism (SHPT) in patients suffering from chronic kidney disease (CKD) on hemodialysis. The company did not disclose the reasons for the CRL and announced it was reviewing the letter in anticipation of a post-action meeting some time later this year. While we have no insights as to the basis of the CRL, we suspect it is about the drug’s safety. Parsabiv is a long acting IV version of Sensipar, the company’s oral calcimimetic facing imminent patent expiry. The IV version appears to be associated with more hypocalcemia (low serum calcium levels), and more symptomatic hypocalcemia, some increase in hyperkalemia (elevated potassium levels), and a signal for increased risk of cardiac rhythm disturbances (such as QT prolongation).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amgen (AMGN) Announces XGEVA vs. Zoledronic Acid Study Met Primary Endpoint; Secondary Endpoints Missed
- Stifel Upgrades PayPal (PYPL) to Buy Following 'Solid' Q3 Results
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!