Amgen (AMGN) to See Low Impact from Parsabiv CRL; Leerink Affirms at 'Market Perform'
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink affirms its Market Perform rating and $201 price target on Amgen (Nasdaq: AMGN) after Amgen announced earlier this week that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a Complete Response Letter for the New Drug Application (NDA) for Parsabiv (etelcalcetide) for the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism (sHPT) in adult patients with chronic kidney disease (CKD) on hemodialysis.
The firm commented today:
Wednesday evening Amgen announced it received a Complete Response Letter (CRL) for Parsabiv (etelcalcetide) for the treatment of secondary hyperparathyroidism (SHPT) in patients suffering from chronic kidney disease (CKD) on hemodialysis. The company did not disclose the reasons for the CRL and announced it was reviewing the letter in anticipation of a post-action meeting some time later this year. While we have no insights as to the basis of the CRL, we suspect it is about the drug’s safety. Parsabiv is a long acting IV version of Sensipar, the company’s oral calcimimetic facing imminent patent expiry. The IV version appears to be associated with more hypocalcemia (low serum calcium levels), and more symptomatic hypocalcemia, some increase in hyperkalemia (elevated potassium levels), and a signal for increased risk of cardiac rhythm disturbances (such as QT prolongation).
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BTIG Says Synergy's (SGYP) Trulance Low Incidence of Side Effects the Key Differentiator
- M&T Bank (MTB) PT Raised to $165 at FBR Capital Following 4Q Beat
- Zayo Group Holdings (ZAYO) PT Raised to $41 at BTIG; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!