Amgen (AMGN): Reducing PT To $193 - Leerink
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Geoffrey Porges reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Amgen (NASDAQ: AMGN) but cut his price target to $193 from $195 . Based on current trends in the prescription data, continued pricing power, and branded and biosimilar competition, the analyst now forecasts peak Enbrel US sales of $6.7bn and Humira US sales of $15bn in 2021, with varying degrees of erosion following thereafter. Subcutaneous (subq) anti-TNF products have been on the market for nearly two decades and have become entrenched therapeutics.
However, when the analyst factored the entry of biosimilar competitors. The analyst expects them to erode ~30% of revenues (share plus price) and then to continue to take share on an annual basis. This impacts the DCF slightly and reduced the price target to $193.
Shares of Amgen closed at $169.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- Benchmark Remains Bullish as Marcus Corporation (MCS) Announces Wehrenberg Theaters Acquisition
- Instinet Raises Price Target on Noble Energy (NBL) to $44; Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!