Amgen (AMGN): Reducing PT To $193 - Leerink
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall Street, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Geoffrey Porges reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Amgen (NASDAQ: AMGN) but cut his price target to $193 from $195 . Based on current trends in the prescription data, continued pricing power, and branded and biosimilar competition, the analyst now forecasts peak Enbrel US sales of $6.7bn and Humira US sales of $15bn in 2021, with varying degrees of erosion following thereafter. Subcutaneous (subq) anti-TNF products have been on the market for nearly two decades and have become entrenched therapeutics.
However, when the analyst factored the entry of biosimilar competitors. The analyst expects them to erode ~30% of revenues (share plus price) and then to continue to take share on an annual basis. This impacts the DCF slightly and reduced the price target to $193.
Shares of Amgen closed at $169.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amgen (AMGN) Announces XGEVA vs. Zoledronic Acid Study Met Primary Endpoint; Secondary Endpoints Missed
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- KLA-Tencor (KLAC) PT Raised to $85 at Cowen
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!