Amgen (AMGN): Good AMG334 Migraine Results, But Not Differentiated - Leerink
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners, Geoffrey Porges, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Amgen (NASDAQ: AMGN) after Amgen revealed the secondary endpoints of its phase 2 chronic migraine trial for erenumab this week at the European Headache and Migraine Trust International Congress in Glasgow.
The study met its key secondary endpoint, the proportion of patients experiencing at least a 50% reduction in migraine days, with both dose cohorts (70mg and 140mg monthly SC) achieving statistical significance vs. placebo (40% and 41%, respectively, vs. 24%). These values, however, failed to differentiate erenumab from competing programs from Alder (NASDAQ: ALDR) and Teva (NYSE: TEVA) – although the results continue to validate the class of CGRP targets for the treatment of migraines.
Shares of Amgen closed at $172.64 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amgen (AMGN) Tops Q3 EPS by 23c
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on VMware (VMW) Following 3Q
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Northrop Grumman (NOC) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!