Amgen (AMGN): Good AMG334 Migraine Results, But Not Differentiated - Leerink
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Leerink Partners, Geoffrey Porges, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Amgen (NASDAQ: AMGN) after Amgen revealed the secondary endpoints of its phase 2 chronic migraine trial for erenumab this week at the European Headache and Migraine Trust International Congress in Glasgow.
The study met its key secondary endpoint, the proportion of patients experiencing at least a 50% reduction in migraine days, with both dose cohorts (70mg and 140mg monthly SC) achieving statistical significance vs. placebo (40% and 41%, respectively, vs. 24%). These values, however, failed to differentiate erenumab from competing programs from Alder (NASDAQ: ALDR) and Teva (NYSE: TEVA) – although the results continue to validate the class of CGRP targets for the treatment of migraines.
Shares of Amgen closed at $172.64 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amgen (AMGN) Announces XGEVA vs. Zoledronic Acid Study Met Primary Endpoint; Secondary Endpoints Missed
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Reliance Steel (RS) Following 3Q EPS Miss and Guidance
- RBC Capital Raises Price Target on Benchmark Electronics (BHE) Following In-Line 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!