Amgen (AMGN): Good AMG334 Migraine Results, But Not Differentiated - Leerink
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
- Mnuchin Wants Fannie (FNMA)/Freddie (FMCC) Out of Government Hands, But Stocks Grossly Overvalued - Keefe, Bruyette & Woods
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leerink Partners, Geoffrey Porges, reiterated his Market Perform rating on shares of Amgen (NASDAQ: AMGN) after Amgen revealed the secondary endpoints of its phase 2 chronic migraine trial for erenumab this week at the European Headache and Migraine Trust International Congress in Glasgow.
The study met its key secondary endpoint, the proportion of patients experiencing at least a 50% reduction in migraine days, with both dose cohorts (70mg and 140mg monthly SC) achieving statistical significance vs. placebo (40% and 41%, respectively, vs. 24%). These values, however, failed to differentiate erenumab from competing programs from Alder (NASDAQ: ALDR) and Teva (NYSE: TEVA) – although the results continue to validate the class of CGRP targets for the treatment of migraines.
Shares of Amgen closed at $172.64 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Amgen (AMGN), Cytokinetics (CYTK) Announce Publication of Significant Omecamtiv Mecarbil Phase 2 Data
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on US Physical Therapy (USPH) to $63 Following 12-Clinic Acquisition
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!