Ambarella (AMBA): Earnings Preview - Needham
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Quinn Bolton, reiterated his Hold rating on shares of Ambarella (NASDAQ: AMBA), ahead of its 9/1 earnings report.
GoPro significantly reduced excess inventory levels of older GoPro cameras in the retail channel and on its balance sheet over the past two quarters, leading the analyst to expect AMBA to report F2Q17 results near the high end of guidance. The analyst is raising F3Q17 and F4Q17 estimates to reflect expectations for a strong HERO 5 build.
Due to potential shortages of Sony CMOS image sensors, the analyst is not making significant changes to estimates for other camera segments, with the exception of a slight increase in flying camera (drone) revenue estimates.
However, with AMBA shares up 67%, vs. 3.5% for the S&P 500, since June 1 and shares trading at nearly 22x CY17 EPS, the Hold rating remains.
Needham does not have a published price target on the company.
Shares of Ambarella closed at $68.56 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Needham & Company Reiterates Buy on TTM Technologies (TTMI) Following 3Q
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on AXT, Inc. (AXTI) Following 3Q Beat and Guidance
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on W.R. Grace & Co. (GRA); Reiterates Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Standard & Poor's, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!