Amazon.com (AMZN): Fulfillment Scale Should Drive A Decade Of FCF Leverage - Piper Jaffray
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Gene Munster, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) after conducting a deep dive on Amazon's fulfillment network. The analyst came away incrementally more positive on two things: 1) the company's progress at gaining proximity to the population and 2) the evolving strategies and technologies that can ultimately drive significant fulfillment leverage over the next decade.
The analyst noted "Amazon has a fulfillment node within 20 miles of 44% of the US population (vs 38% in 2015) and robotics, vertically integrated transportation services, drone delivery, and autonomous trucks should drive long-term shipping & fulfillment expense leverage. Many investors have historically viewed Amazon's shipping and fulfillment costs as perpetual burdens". However, he believes this is a competitive advantage for two key reasons: 1) it reduces Amazon's per unit fulfillment cost as the dispersion of inventory improves and involvement of 3rd party couriers decreases and 2) it enables same-day and same-hour delivery, which is the next key eCommerce battle ground.
No change to the price target of $900.
Shares of Amazon.com closed at $772.44 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Needham & Company Raises Price Target on Cornerstone OnDemand (CSOD) Following Industry Checks
- Seaport Global Securities Upgrades Noble Energy (NBL) to Neutral
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Gene Munster
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!