Amazon (AMZN) Has 49MM Prime Users, Cowen Estimates; PT Lifted to $960
- Stocks dip as earnings pour in, consumer discretionary lags
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Cowen analyst John Blackledge reiterated an Outperform rating and raised his price target on Amazon.com (NASDAQ: AMZN) to $960.00 (from $900.00) after the firm's proprietary data suggests 49MM US Prime members as of Aug ’16, a 33% CAGR vs. Jan '13, reflecting accelerating annual net adds.
Prime added 5MM members in ’13, 7MM in ’14, 10MM in ’15 and the firm's data suggests its tracking to 12MM adds in ’16, implying net adds accelerating at massive scale.
They estimate AMZN US Prime's remaining addressable market is over 60MM. Also they believe AMZN has a good opportunity to capture a significant amount of the ~30MM US SMBs over time.
"Prime growth has driven large overlap gains of traditional retailer customer bases, resulting in market share gains," Blackledge notes ."Prime purchasing data suggests AMZN can accelerate share gains in large non-trad'l verticals, such as Grocery."
Shares of Amazon.com closed at $805.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- F5 Networks (FFIV) PT Raised to $120 at Jefferies
- Cowen Raises Price Target on Planet Fitness (PLNT) to $25 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesCowen & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!