Alphabet (GOOG): Show Me The Money - Macquarie
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Macquarie analyst, Ben Schachter, reiterated his Outperform on Alphabet (NASDAQ: GOOG) (NASDAQ: GOOGL) after announcing its new suite of products but he is not ready to give the company credit through higher earnings until he sees evidence of adoption.
GOOG is significantly ramping up its efforts in hardware with its own phones, VR headset, and home automation products. The analyst believes the products are mostly me too but, in theory, Google’s unique AI and voice recognition capabilities could be its key differentiator.
That said, the analyst stated "GOOG’s past attempts at hardware (Nexus, Chromebooks, Glass, Nest, etc...) have not amounted to much and given their track record, we are not going to give them the benefit of the doubt on any hardware efforts until we see otherwise".
No change to the price target of $975.
Shares of Alphabet closed at $776.43 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A) Book Value Could Be Boosted by $29B from Trump Tax Plan - Analyst
- KongZhong (KZ) Reports Q3 EPS of $0.11
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!