Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY) PT Raised to $89 at Chardan Capital Markets Following Arrowhead's RNAi Program Discontinuations
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Chardan Capital Markets analyst Madhu Kumar reiterated a Buy rating and raised his price target on Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALNY) to $89.00 (from $73.00) after Arrowhead (Neutral) announced the discontinuation of all of its clinical RNAi programs, including the two chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) RNAi assets, ARC-520 and ARC-521, and the alpha-1 antitrypsin (AAT) liver disease RNAi drug ARC-AAT. In light of the removal of the Arrowhead programs from development they increase Alnylam's market share in HBV RNAi from 12.5% to 47.5% and in AAT from 30% to 100%.
Kumar commented, "Arrowhead's discontinuations, which are specific to the DPC platform, should have minimal read-across to Alnylam. The Arrowhead clinical hold for Heparc-2004 was due to deaths in "a nonclinical toxicology study in non-human primates using EX[-]1, the company's liver-targeted, intravenously administered delivery vehicle." EX-1 uses the DPC platform, which involves a second, non-therapeutic agent to promote delivery of the RNAi drug. In contrast, competing assets in the HBV RNAi space like ALN-HBV from Alnylam, which do not use DPC technology, should not face similar safety risks."
Shares of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals closed at $46.03 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wells Fargo Upgrades Tiffany & Co. (TIF) to Market Perform; Demand Trends Stabilizing
- DA Davidson Downgrades Inventure Foods (SNAK) to Neutral, Predicts Company Won't Exist In Current Form Come June 2017
- Wedbush Upgrades Tractor Supply Company (TSCO) to Outperform; Signs of Inflection
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change, FDA, Hot Comments
Related EntitiesChardan Capital Markets
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!