Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY) PT Cut to $77 at Chardan
- Global stocks sag as bond 'bloodbath' shows no sign of letting up
- UPDATE: Alphabet (GOOG) Tops Q3 EPS Views; Revs Strong
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- Cirrus Logic, Inc. (CRUS) Q2 Results and Guidance Beat Estimates
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Chardan Capital Markets analyst Madhu Kumar cut the price target on Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALNY) to $77.00 (from $115.00) after the company announced the discontinuation of the development of revusiran, a RNAi drug
which was in phase III trials targeting transthyretin (TTR), for the treatment of TTR familial amyloid cardiomyopathy
(TTR-FAC). Teh firm maintained a Buy rating.
Kumar commented, "FAC). The decision was, per Alnylam, based on a meeting of the data monitoring committee (DMC) for
ENDEAVOUR, revusiran's phase III trial, in which the DMC "informed the Company that the benefit-risk profile for
revusiran no longer supported continued dosing." The meeting was followed by Alnylam learning that, upon unblinding
ENDEAVOUR, there was "an imbalance of mortality in the revusiran arm as compared to placebo." Alnylam
emphasized that the discontinuation of revusiran had no impact on the company's other phase III asset, patisiran, a
second RNAi drug targeting TTR familial amyloid polyneuropathy (TTR-FAP) for which topline results are expected
mid-2017, or any of the additional RNAi therapies in development. Due to the loss of the revusiran franchise (NPV of
$34.68/share) and related financial effects, we lower our price target from $115/share to $77/share."
Shares of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals closed at $70.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rosenblatt Upgrades NETGEAR (NTGR) to Buy
- F5 Networks (FFIV) PT Raised to $120 at Jefferies
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Coca Cola (KO) to $46 Following 3Q; Reaffirmed Guidance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesChardan Capital Markets
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!