Alnylam (ALNY) PT Cut to $137 at Needham & Company; Long-Term Investors Should Buy Weakness
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Needham & Company analyst Alan Carr cut his price target on Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALNY) to $137.00 (from $152.00) after the company reported last night that the revusiran program has been terminated. An ad hoc review of unblinded Phase 3 ENDEAVOR trial data led the DMC to conclude that benefit : risk due to an imbalance in deaths did not justify continuation of the trial. The firm maintained a Buy rating.
Carr commented, "Based on available information, our bias is that the matter is limited to revusiran and we do not believe overall potential of the RNAi platform is meaningfully impacted. We have removed revusiran and associated revenues from our models, prompting us to lower our price target to $137 (was $152). We reiterate BUY and recommend investors with a long-term view take advantage of weakness."
Shares of Alnylam Pharmaceuticals closed at $70.30 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Downgrades Kroger (KR) to Hold
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Dollar General (DG) Following 3Q
- Drexel Hamilton Raises Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q Beat
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, Alan Carr
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!