Ally Financial (ALLY): Reiterating Buy After Non Deal Roadshow - Jefferies
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, John Hecht, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Ally Financial (NYSE: ALLY) after hosting a series of investor meetings leading the analyst to believe the market is overdiscounting credit risk and competitive threats.
ALLY is now a diversified, market leading auto lender, compared to its earlier history of being largely captive to GM subvention programs. From a balance sheet perspective, ALLY now has a diversified capital structure bolstered by low cost deposits which are sourced from successfully growing online bank. The combination of a diversified operating business and a strengthened capital structure means that ALLY should be able to both better withstand economic downturns as well as take advantage of periods of economic expansion.
Recent credit trends, including NCOs (2Q NCOs were just 56 bps, annualized), delinquencies and ALLL levels all represent reasonably consistent trends relative to expectations, and reflect a relatively benign credit environment. Further, ALLY has unique tools, such as in house residual value analytics and a dealer-to-dealer auction which should bolster relative credit performance over a cycle.
No change to the price target of $28 which is based on ~12x FY16E EPS.
Shares of Ally Financial closed at $19.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Rambus (RMBS) Following 3Q Report
- UBS Cuts Price Target on Kimberly-Clark (KMB) Following 3Q Report
- Visa (V) PT Raised to $97 at UBS on Solid Q4
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!