Ally Financial (ALLY): Reiterating Buy After Non Deal Roadshow - Jefferies
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jefferies analyst, John Hecht, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Ally Financial (NYSE: ALLY) after hosting a series of investor meetings leading the analyst to believe the market is overdiscounting credit risk and competitive threats.
ALLY is now a diversified, market leading auto lender, compared to its earlier history of being largely captive to GM subvention programs. From a balance sheet perspective, ALLY now has a diversified capital structure bolstered by low cost deposits which are sourced from successfully growing online bank. The combination of a diversified operating business and a strengthened capital structure means that ALLY should be able to both better withstand economic downturns as well as take advantage of periods of economic expansion.
Recent credit trends, including NCOs (2Q NCOs were just 56 bps, annualized), delinquencies and ALLL levels all represent reasonably consistent trends relative to expectations, and reflect a relatively benign credit environment. Further, ALLY has unique tools, such as in house residual value analytics and a dealer-to-dealer auction which should bolster relative credit performance over a cycle.
No change to the price target of $28 which is based on ~12x FY16E EPS.
Shares of Ally Financial closed at $19.57 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Goldman Sachs Downgrades Marvell (MRVL) to Sell
- UPDATE: Stifel Upgrades TripAdvisor (TRIP) to Hold
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Parker-Hannifin (PH) Ahead of Acquisition Close
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Management Comments
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!