Allergan's (AGN) Tobira (TBRA) Deal Highlights Intercept (ICPT) and NASH Opportunity - Baird
- Tech, bank stocks drive Wall Street to new high
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- UPDATE: LPL Financial (LPLA) Said to Decide to Stay Independent After Reviewing Options - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Baird analyst Brian Skorney reiterated his Outperform rating and $332 price target on Intercept Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ICPT) after Allergan announced plans to acquire micro-cap Tobira (TBRA), for up to $1.7B.
Skorney commented, "The company's lead asset, cenicriviroc (CVC), has been in development for nearly ten years, originally as an HIV therapeutic, and is now in a Phase 2b study in NASH. Allergan cited the NASH opportunity as the sole driver for the deal. With an upfront payment 500% higher than yesterday's share price for TBRA, we can't help but question whether ICPT is undervalued by those metrics."
Shares of Intercept Pharmaceuticals closed at $156.74 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Wedbush Raises Price Target on Huntington Bancshares (HBAN) Following 1Q Report
- UPDATE: Stifel Downgrades EMCOR Group (EME) to Hold
- Guggenheim Reiterates Buy on United Natural Foods (UNFI) Following 1Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesRobert W Baird, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!