Allergan (AGN) Namenda Concerns 'Not a Big Deal' - Evecore ISI's Raffat
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Evecore ISI analyst Umer Raffat notes there is a lot of investor confusion related to Allergan (NYSE: AGN) Namenda press release this morning. He said in particular, investors are confused about this line:
If the district court ruling on these patents is upheld, there is a possibility that generic entry for Namenda XR could occur following an adverse Court of Appeals decision
While waiting on confirmation from the company, Raffat said "but it's not as big a deal".
He explains "reason being: the appeals court decision will focus on 2026 patent family … however, Namenda's 2029 patent went favorably for Allergan. The 2029 patent relates to the high dose Namenda XR specifically (28 mg). In other words, even if appeals court does NOT go well for Allergan on 2026 patents, we could see generic 7, 14 and 21 mg Namenda XR … however, 28 mg Namenda XR may still remain branded … AND, most impt: 28 mg represents 70% of the volume on Namenda XR. Consensus already models fair amount of erosion (with Namenda effectively going away in 2020 anyways). "
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant's (VRX) Weak Business Could Force it to Refinance Debt - Wells Fargo's Maris
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Boston Beer Co. (SAM) to $140 Following Weak 3Q
- PayPal (PYPL) PT Raised to $45 at Oppenheimer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesUmer Raffat
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!