Allergan (AGN) Namenda Concerns 'Not a Big Deal' - Evecore ISI's Raffat
- Healthcare, tech stocks drive Wall Street higher
- Twitter (TWTR) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Restructuring, Workforce Reduction
- Qualcomm (QCOM) to Acquire NXP Semi (NXPI) in $47B Deal
- Tesla (TSLA) Posts Q3 adj.-EPS of 71c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/27: (PRQR) (OCN) (TWTR) Higher; (CYH) (GNC) (RNWK) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Evecore ISI analyst Umer Raffat notes there is a lot of investor confusion related to Allergan (NYSE: AGN) Namenda press release this morning. He said in particular, investors are confused about this line:
If the district court ruling on these patents is upheld, there is a possibility that generic entry for Namenda XR could occur following an adverse Court of Appeals decision
While waiting on confirmation from the company, Raffat said "but it's not as big a deal".
He explains "reason being: the appeals court decision will focus on 2026 patent family … however, Namenda's 2029 patent went favorably for Allergan. The 2029 patent relates to the high dose Namenda XR specifically (28 mg). In other words, even if appeals court does NOT go well for Allergan on 2026 patents, we could see generic 7, 14 and 21 mg Namenda XR … however, 28 mg Namenda XR may still remain branded … AND, most impt: 28 mg represents 70% of the volume on Namenda XR. Consensus already models fair amount of erosion (with Namenda effectively going away in 2020 anyways). "
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Allergan (AGN) Announces Topline Relamorelin Phase 2b Data; Will Move to Acquire Motus Therapeutics
- Callidus Software (CALD) Said Mentioned Cautiously at Off Wall Street
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Parexel (PRXL) to $67 Following Weak 1Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesUmer Raffat
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!