Allergan (AGN) Namenda Concerns 'Not a Big Deal' - Evecore ISI's Raffat
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Evecore ISI analyst Umer Raffat notes there is a lot of investor confusion related to Allergan (NYSE: AGN) Namenda press release this morning. He said in particular, investors are confused about this line:
If the district court ruling on these patents is upheld, there is a possibility that generic entry for Namenda XR could occur following an adverse Court of Appeals decision
While waiting on confirmation from the company, Raffat said "but it's not as big a deal".
He explains "reason being: the appeals court decision will focus on 2026 patent family … however, Namenda's 2029 patent went favorably for Allergan. The 2029 patent relates to the high dose Namenda XR specifically (28 mg). In other words, even if appeals court does NOT go well for Allergan on 2026 patents, we could see generic 7, 14 and 21 mg Namenda XR … however, 28 mg Namenda XR may still remain branded … AND, most impt: 28 mg represents 70% of the volume on Namenda XR. Consensus already models fair amount of erosion (with Namenda effectively going away in 2020 anyways). "
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Allergan (AGN) Ratings, Outlook Affirmed by Fitch
- Allergan (AGN) Receives Unfavorable PTAB Decision on RESTASIS-Related IPRs
- SunTrust Analyst Bob Peck Leaving to Join Credit Suisse
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments, Trader Talk
Related EntitiesUmer Raffat
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!