Allergan (AGN): Survey Shows Strong Demand for Vralar But No Upgrade- Piper Jaffray
- Wall St. edges higher as earnings gather pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/24: (MPSX) (IIVI) (AKS) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (VZ) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, David Amsellem, reiterated his Neutral rating on shares of Allergen (NYSE: AGN) after conducting a survey of 25 psychiatrists with the goal of gauging perceptions of Allergan’s Vraylar (cariprazine). Notably, the feedback suggests that many psychiatrists perceive at least a modest benefit for Vraylar in reducing negative symptoms associated with schizophrenia. More broadly, the feedback suggests that Vraylar prescription (Rx) volumes will grow significantly.
That said, the 2017E P/E and EV/EBITDA of 14x and 12x, are reflecting expectations for strong growth out of new launches (e.g., Vraylar, Viberzi). Despite the likely success of Vralar, the execution on the pipeline should be the main driver of value creation for the company. This leads the analyst to maintain his Neutral rating along with the price target of $227.
Shares of Allergen closed at $236.65 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bank of Marin Bancorp (BMRC) PT Raised to $70 at FIG Partners Following 4Q Report
- UPDATE: Oppenheimer Upgrades Columbia Property Trust (CXP) to Outperform
- Jefferies Reiterastes Hold on McDonald's (MCD) Following 4Q Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!