Alkermes (ALKS) PT Raised to $70 at Leerink Partners
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst Paul Matteis reiterated an Outperform rating and raised its price target on Alkermes (NASDAQ: ALKS) to $70.00 (from $57.00) after the company announced positive results from their third ph3 study for ALKS5461 in depression.
Matteis commented, "We were previously cautious on the third ph3 (FORWARD5) as we found it challenging to garner much conviction in '5461 after disappointing results from FORWARD3 and 4. However, looking ahead, based on our prior review of regulatory precedent in depression (LINK) - further supported by the recent FDA approval of ACAD's [MP] pimavanserin on a single positive study - we believe ALKS5461 has a realistic chance with the agency on the data package generated to date. ALKS will soon meet with FDA to discuss a potential NDA filing, which it has already begun preparing. Our $70 Price Target, from $57 previously, now assumes a 50% probability of approval without the need for an additional study and a 60% chance of approval overall (the latter including a risk-adj 2021 scenario)."
Shares of Alkermes closed at $43.51 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pivotal Research Upgrades Flowers Foods (FLO) to Hold
- KLR Group Cuts Price Target on Bill Barrett (BBG) to $9; Reiterates Buy
- UBS Raises Price Target on Selecta Biosciences (SELB) to $29
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!