Alibaba's (BABA) Price Target Raised to $138 at Deutsche Bank
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- China Oceanwide to Acquire Genworth Financial (GNW) for $2.7B
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Deutsche Bank maintained a Buy rating on Alibaba (NYSE: BABA) and raised its price target to $138.00 (from $109.00). Analyst Alan Hellawell said China’s online consumers remain steadfast in their preference for Alipay.
"Our recent payments survey reveals Alipay ranks as the clear #1 online payment method, supporting an unrivalled 40.8% of all online transactions, and 37.4% of O2O consumption. With survey respondents moreover revealing greater intentions to expand use of Alipay over other alternatives, our latest forecasts halt a previously assumed market share slide to competitors. We maintain Buy and lift TP 27% to USD138 on rising valuation of Ant and valuation roll-over into 2017," said Hellawell.
The analyst added, "Alipay has evolved from a break-through payment platform to a more general onramp connecting consumers and merchants with a growing host of financial services; from wealth management (Yu’E Bao) to credit rating (Sesame Credit), to consumer financing (Ant Check Later) and insurance. While Alipay ebbs in its dominance of the Ant P&L (from over 70% of 2014 revs to 43% in 2017), ancillary financial services will expand to drive growth over the next several years."
Shares of Alibaba closed at $108.75 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on ICON plc (ICLR) to $87.50; Reiterates Hold
- Wedbush Reiterates Outperform on Pool Corp. (POOL) Following 3Q Report
- Rodman & Renshaw Starts Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) at Buy
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS View
Related EntitiesDeutsche Bank
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!