Alibaba (BABA) Shares Weaken Following Cautious Note
- Wall Street dips as Verizon drags; AmEx curbs losses
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/20: (DRWI) (MBRX) (SPU) Higher; (RIGL) (FLXS) (DXPE) Lower
- Tesla (TSLA) Announces Self-Driving Hardware for All Vehicles in Production; Includes Model 3
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Tops Q4 EPS by 8c; Guides FY17 EPS
- Verizon Communications (VZ) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Weakness in shares of Alibaba (NYSE: BABA) Wednesday was tied to a report from 86Research that warned of weaker-than-expected Q3 revenue, according to Bloomberg.
Analysts said China's retail revenue decline in the September quarter indicates weaker-than-expected revenue for Alibaba. The report also said trend of traffic shifting from direct search to content-based curated channels on mobile Taobao mall cannibalized sales growth.
Alibaba declined as much a 3.2% but was set to close to day down only 1.7%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alibaba (BABA) PT Raised to $125 at Needham & Company
- Zoe's Kitchen, Inc. (ZOES): Now's Your Chance - Buckingham
- eBay (EBAY) Turnaround on Track, Buy the Dip - Susquehanna
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!