Alibaba (BABA) Shares Weaken Following Cautious Note
- Dow, S&P 500 surge to highs; transports set record
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/7: (ANTH) (EMKR) (PLAY) Higher; (SIGM) (OHAI) (FTK) Lower
- Abbott (ABT) Files Complaint to Terminate Alere (ALR) Acquisition
- Western Digital (WDC) Raises Q2 Outlook
- Biotech, Pharma Stocks Weaker Amid Trump Comments on Lower Drug Prices
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Weakness in shares of Alibaba (NYSE: BABA) Wednesday was tied to a report from 86Research that warned of weaker-than-expected Q3 revenue, according to Bloomberg.
Analysts said China's retail revenue decline in the September quarter indicates weaker-than-expected revenue for Alibaba. The report also said trend of traffic shifting from direct search to content-based curated channels on mobile Taobao mall cannibalized sales growth.
Alibaba declined as much a 3.2% but was set to close to day down only 1.7%.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- RBC Capital Downgrades Concordia Healthcare (CXRX) to Underperform, $1 PT
- Western Digital (WDC) PT Raised to $100 at Brean Capital on Way to $120
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Hot Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!