Alibaba (BABA): Strong Cloud Growth, Mobile and Monetization - Jefferies
- Wall Street dips as telecoms slump; AmEx surges
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- AMD (AMD) Posts Q3 Operating EPS of 3c; Sees Q4 Revenue Down Sequentially
- AT&T (T) Said to Discuss Idea of Takeover in Time Warner (TWX) Meetings
- Alkermes plc (ALKS) Announces Third ALKS 5461 Phase 3 Met Primary Endpoint in MDD
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Jesse Guo, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Alibaba (NYSE: BABA) after FY1Q17 results beat expectations on strong revenue growth and higher than expected margins. Mobile penetration and monetization improved while the cloud delivered strong growth indicating it could reach break even in the near term.
Key points in the quarter:
1) Revenue grew 58.8% yoy to RMB32.2bn, 5.4% and 6.7% above consensus
2) Active customers reached 434m (+18% yoy),
3) GMV grew 24% yoy to RMB837bn
4) GPM reached 66.3% (-5.5ppt yoy), due to consolidation of Youku and Lazada, and dilution from Tmall Supermarket
5) Non-GAAP net income grew 32.3% yoy to RMB12.6bn; 18% above consensus, partly due to lower product development expenses and exchange gains.
6) Non-GAAP net margin was 39.2%, -7.9ppt yoy due to GPM contraction and higher loss from equity investees.
The PT rises to $103 from $101.
Shares of Alibaba closed at $91.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Cuts Price Target on Genuine Parts (GPC) to $95 Following 3Q Report
- BMO Capital Reiterates Outperform on Harley-Davidson (HOG) Following 3Q Report
- Wedbush Cuts Price Target on Tractor Supply (TSCO) to $65 Following 3Q
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!