Alibaba (BABA): Strong Cloud Growth, Mobile and Monetization - Jefferies
- Futures flat as earnings season gathers pace
- Alibaba (BABA) Tops Q3 EPS by 17c, Revenues Rise 54%
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q4 EPS by 9c; Sees Merger Closing in First Half
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Guides Modestly Below the Street
- Barclays Downgrades Apple (AAPL) to Equalweight, Concerned India/China Will not Emerge As Growth Catalysts
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Jefferies analyst, Jesse Guo, reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Alibaba (NYSE: BABA) after FY1Q17 results beat expectations on strong revenue growth and higher than expected margins. Mobile penetration and monetization improved while the cloud delivered strong growth indicating it could reach break even in the near term.
Key points in the quarter:
1) Revenue grew 58.8% yoy to RMB32.2bn, 5.4% and 6.7% above consensus
2) Active customers reached 434m (+18% yoy),
3) GMV grew 24% yoy to RMB837bn
4) GPM reached 66.3% (-5.5ppt yoy), due to consolidation of Youku and Lazada, and dilution from Tmall Supermarket
5) Non-GAAP net income grew 32.3% yoy to RMB12.6bn; 18% above consensus, partly due to lower product development expenses and exchange gains.
6) Non-GAAP net margin was 39.2%, -7.9ppt yoy due to GPM contraction and higher loss from equity investees.
The PT rises to $103 from $101.
Shares of Alibaba closed at $91.77 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Mercury Computer (MRCY) PT Raised to $30 at Jefferies Following 2Q Report
- Halliburton (HAL) PT Raised to $65 at Evercore ISI
- Jefferies Downgrades NantKwest (NK) to Hold
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst EPS Change, Analyst EPS View, Analyst PT Change
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!