Alibaba (BABA): Singles Day Delivers - Needham
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Needham & Company analyst, Kerry Rice reiterated his Buy rating on shares of Alibaba (NYSE: BABA) after Singles Day GMV was nearly 18B, up 32% y/y. The total was slightly below his modeled estimate of $18.3B but he believes the company should meet December quarter revenue expectations.
Several positives from Single's Day include:
1) the majority of transactions were mobile.
2) customers and merchants from all of the world participated in the event, highlighting that Alibaba serves as an important gateway for U.S. brands and retailers to the Chinese consumers.
3) Alipay played an important role during the day further highlighting its reach, scale, and product diversification.
On top of the Singles Day data, the analyst believes Ant Financial is on track for a 2017 IPO, which could serve as a catalyst for Alibaba. No change to the $125 PT.
Shares of Alibaba closed at $92.99 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Finisar (FNSR) PT Raised to $44 at Needham & Company, Estimates Raised Sharply
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Casey's General Stores (CASY) Following 2Q Earnings Report
- BMO Capital Cuts Price Target on Nielsen Holdings (NLSN) to $45
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesNeedham & Company, IPO
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!