Alexion Pharma (ALXN): Could Be The Last Complement Inhibitor Standing - Leerink
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Leerink Partners analyst, Geoffrey Porges, reiterated his Outperform rating on shares of Alexion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALXN) and raised his price target to $211 from $210 on the belief that the company's flagship complement inhibition franchise is likely to remain the dominant, if not only, terminal complement inhibitor on the market.
The analyst's research found that the growing number of manufacturers with competing programs in early stage development face significant technical and market-related challenges to match or surpass Soliris. Given the stage of development, any rival program obtaining approval would enter the market after Alexion’s ALXN1210, and its more convenient dosing schedule will be a significant advantage over most competitors. The analyst views Alexion’s complement franchise as durable and capable of sustaining revenue growth throughout the mid-term as the company expands into other rare diseases.
The $1 increase is due to an update in the company's financials as they flow through the analyst's average of PE, PEG and DCF.
Shares of Alexion Pharmaceuticals closed at $127.22 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jefferies Raises Price Target on Zumiez, Inc. (ZUMZ) to $23 Following 3Q
- Oppenheimer Cuts Price Target on Workday (WDAY) Following 3Q; Reiterates Outperform
- FBR Capital Cuts Price Target on Express (EXPR) Following 3Q EPS Miss
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Analyst PT Change
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!