Alexion Pharma (ALXN): 5 Reasons Its A Top Large Cap Pick - Piper Jaffray
- Consumer staples stocks help Wall St. pare some losses
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Einhorn's Greenlight Mentions Caterpillar (CAT) Short in Q4 Letter; Doesn't See Disney (DIS) Buying Netflix (NFLX)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Piper Jaffray analyst, Joshua Schimmer, reiterated his Overweight rating on shares of Alexion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ: ALXN) and noted that the company remains one of his top large cap picks for 5 reasons:
1) Soliris and its next-gen versions will be more difficult to displace than many investors believe
2) the Myasthenia Gravis indication will be added to labels in 2017
3) the company's unique expertise in complement inhibition will deliver additional pipeline shots on goal
4) the company will continue to diversify its portfolio away from Soliris and continue its strong metabolic franchise launch
5) potentially transformational pipeline programs advance through clinical development.
No change to the price target of $185.
Shares of Alexion Pharmaceuticals closed at $136.07 yesterday.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: JPMorgan Downgrades OneMain (OMF) to Neutral
- Stifel Raises Price Target on Las Vegas Sands (LVS) to $66; Reiterates Buy
- Baird Cuts Price Target on GameStop (GME) Following Holiday Results
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments
Related EntitiesPiper Jaffray, Joshua Schimmer
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!