Alere's (ALR) Suit Against Abbott (ABT) Filed Sooner than Expected; BTIG Affirms at 'Buy'
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
- Analyst Dane Leone said that the suit came sooner than expected and also noted the following:
- Alere seeks to compel Abbott to complete the transaction in accordance with the terms under the merger agreement.
- “Short statement and nature of claim asserted: Defendant has breached the merger agreement between the parties by failing to promptly secure antitrust approvals and other regulatory requirements.”
ALR management declined to comment beyond the press release.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alere (ALR) Receives Shareholder Support for Proposed Abbott (ABT) Merger
- AT&T (T) Agrees to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for More than $80 Billion - WSJ
- SEC Charges Former Pinnacle Financial (PNFP) Director with Insider Trading Related to Avenue Financial Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesAnalyst Comments, Litigation
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, BTIG
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!